WPA BOARD POSITION
DUTIES: Oversees WPA Business Development Program
TIME: 15 -20 Hrs/Week
We seek a reliable and enthusiastic WPA Board Member to help us with the oversight of the WPA Business Development Program. The purpose of the Business Development Program is to broaden our relationships with other poker companies and operators. You will be at the forefront of the WPA and possess the dedication to create and apply an effective sales strategy.
In this role, you serve as the head of the WPA Business Development Program and are responsible for the establishment and maintenance of business relationships which may be advantageous to the financial and collaborative benefit of WPA and its members. This includes procuring sponsorship relationships for WPA events, and possible collaborative program opportunities. You must have a professional demeanor at all times, especially when talking with potential WPA partners.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop a growth strategy focused both on financial gain and member satisfaction
- Conduct research to identify new markets and potential business relationships
- Arrange business meetings with prospective partners
- Promote the organization’s mission and goals, addressing or predicting partner’s objectives
- Prepare joint interest contracts ensuring adherence to law-established rules and guidelines
- Keep records of contacts, sales, revenue, invoices etc.
- Provide feedback and relationship status to the Board and solicit help from needed divisions
- Build long-term relationships with new and existing businesses
- Develop a committee to assist in relationship building
Requirements and Qualifications
- Enthusiasm and passion for women in poker
- Team building and collaboration skills
- Background in sales. marketing, communication or relevant field preferred
- Previous work experience as a promoter, influencer or another similar role
- Outstanding written and spoken communication skills
- Documented success in creating targeted business relationships
- Strong working knowledge of task management tools such as Trello
- Engaging, outgoing, approachable personality