Meet Poker Player & up and coming Vlogger, Ashley Frank!
- What is your name?
- Where are you from?
- How did you get introduced to the game of poker?
I played on my college basketball team. We would have weekly game nights to bond as a team. Our coach introduced us to poker. We would play for fun and I immediately fell in love with it!
- Tell us about an unusual or unique experience that you’ve had while playing poker.
The most unique experience I’ve had playing poker is seeing a random guy walk in the Golden Nugget poker room while playing & started beating up a random guy at my table. They didn’t know each other LOL (what?!)
- How would you describe your poker style/play? Any specific poker experience you are most proud of? What is your favorite poker game to play and why?
My play style leans very heavily towards the exploitative realm while trying to keep solid GTO foundations. I’m most proud of my 4th place finish out of 1,199 people in Rio Daily Deepstack event back in 2018 🙂 My favorite and only poker game I play is NLH, haha 🙂
- What were some of the unexpected hurdles that you have experienced in poker? How are you overcoming those?
I knew playing poker for a living would be mentally trying. But actually making sure you’re in a good state of mind to play each and every day is harder than I thought it would be. But the bright side is it’s really helped me evolve my mental game in poker and in life. Eating right, exercising, yoga, studying, taking time away, spending time with friends and family, and good sleeping habits are what have helped me limit the amount of days I might have not “felt like playing.”
- Who is the most difficult player that you have ever competed against? How was that experience?
I’ve played against a handful of pros in some WSOP bracelet events. The toughest spot I faced was having Melanie Wiesner on my direct left deep in the money in the Colossus in 2018.
- Looking back at where you were when you started your poker journey; how has your game evolved and what are your poker goals going forward?
My game has evolved drastically in the last year. I give huge thanks to Matt Berkey & Christian Soto at Solve For Why Academy. Their homeschool course changed my game! I went from being a somewhat average player to thinking about the game in a whole new way. I still have a long way to go but my goals moving forward are to bink some big tournaments, move up the cash game stakes, & become a respected player in the community.
- What is your favorite hobby or passion outside of poker?
I have so many passions & hobbies but my favorite ones are cooking from scratch, writing music, playing the piano, playing basketball, & working out! And I should mention my NEW found hobby… VLOGGING! Haha Starting my poker Vlog on YouTube has been an amazing thing as well 🙂